At the Glasshouse we definitely understand your love for birds. We’re fortunate to be surrounded by trees, shrubs and flowers all season long that attract these beautiful creatures to our doorstep.
The Glasshouse Nursery and Garden Centre Bird Supplies
In order for birds to make your property their home you’ll need to provide them with nesting sites, shelter from predators and the weather and food. Here are a few simple ways to encourage them.
- Adding fruit trees and shrubs to your landscape is an excellent way to provide food for birds. At the Glasshouse we have a great selection of different fruit trees and shrubs that you can plant. Birds love Sweet Cherries. They also love Blackberries, Currants, Raspberries, Elderberry, Gooseberry, Chokecherry and Sour Cherries.
- Confier Trees make for excellent nesting sites for birds and the cone seeds provide food for them
- Plant trees such as White Birch, Russian Olive, Maple and Oak trees (keep in mind you need appropriate space for all the trees you plant)
- Birds love shrubs such as Dogwoods, Serviceberry, Viburnums and Coralberry among others.
- At the Glasshouse we have a large selection of bird feeders, bird seed and birding books for you to choose from.